Fall 2020 3 Esthers Farm Update
It's been an exciting growing season at the 3 Esthers Farm! We've had the largest Cabbage crop in our history, as well as exciting news in the orchard. Here's the full update:
Cabbage & Vegetable Garden Harvest
The food production in the vegetable garden is getting stronger and stronger each year.
- We're thrilled that this year the Cabbage Harvest was over 2,000 heads.
- We've had a terrific onion harvest too - are biggest yet.
- The tomatoes are doing very well too.
Here's a quick video of the harvest process:
- Bananas: We are so excited to announce that we are going bananas! Our banana orchard (planted in May 2019) is starting to put on fruit.
- Papaya: The Papaya orchard is looking very healthy, so we're adding more trees and expanding it.
- Guava and Avocado: These aren't doing well at all - so we're removing them to make room for the Papaya.
Here is a quick video of the little baby bananas:
We are incredibly grateful for everyone that is supporting the mission and purpose of the farm. It's because of your support that we're able to fulfill our mission - of feeding hungry kids (and providing good jobs) in Zambia!
Honored to partner with you,